Sunday 1 April 2018

The 'Monster' himself

I have dipped and cleaned up the  next batch of figures ready for the painting table.

First up a vintage Napoleon.  When I was a callow youth I had a Minifig S Range Napoleon and I am looking forward to painting him.


Next to him is a rather flamboyant Alberken recast of Murat. He will need a suitably exotic uniform to bring him to life.


I have also got some Old Guard gunners ready to go.  Three are Alberken figures with the remaining ones are Hintons which I bought from Camden Passage.

I had to do a bit if repair to the gunner with the hand spike.  It was miscast when I got the figure from Hinton Hunt. I used the plastic brush from an old broom and super glue and pva to effect the repair.  This drys rock solid and far stronger then super glue on its own.


5 comments:

Stryker said...

The Murat figure looks like it will be fun to paint as of course will the great man himself! The Alberken gunners fit well with your HH - what guns will you be using?

Wellington Man said...

I think Murat is begging to be in his Austerlitz whites, Mark!
As for the Ogre, I can't wait to see what you make of him. Mine seems to have ended up with a rather grumpy expression.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Ian

I have some Hinchcliffe 20mm or Warrior artillery pieces I can use. The Warrior ones are bit bigger so will look good as Guard 12lb artillery.

Mark Dudley said...

Hi Matt

Murat in Red boots and white uniform is tempting.

I think grumpy is the perfect expression for Napoleon particulary at Waterloo where if reports are correct riding a horse may have been a tad uncomfortable.

Aly Morrison said...

I am with WM here...
Murat in white... go on you know you want to...

All the best. Aly